Booking and product purchase payments processed using bookitPay or SecurePay can be refunded directly from your bookitLive account.
Only Users who are Administrator or Managers can refund payments.
- Login as an Administrator or Manager
- Select the Client tab
- Search and find the client that requires the refund
- Select the client history button
- Select the payment tab
- Find the payment that needs to be refunded
- Select the refund button
- Type in the amount of refund, This can be the full amount or a partial amount
- Select Refund
- If the refund was successful a transaction reference will be displayed.
- If the refund fails a message is displayed with the error response received form the bank.
- Close the client history
- Open the client history again and select the payment tab to view the recorded refunds
A successful refund has a refund reference number with a negative amount in red.
An unsuccessful refund is displayed as Failed with the response message received from the bank.
Note: Processing a refund does not cancel the booking or change voucher usage.
Notify a customer
When a refund occurs a refund notification is sent to the customer automatically with a copy also sent to the account administrator. There are two notification templates to cater for successful refunds and failed refunds.
Refund email notifications:
- Refund confirmation success
- Refund confirmation failed
Why do refunds fail?
There are many reasons why a refund might fail, here is some of the common reasons:
- The card used to make the original refund has been cancelled or has expired
- The bank associated with the card could not be contacted when the refund was attempted
- The amount entered for refund exceeds the amount available for refund
See Online payment response codes for more reason for refund failures.