The client booking process varies dependent on the booking requirements of the business:
- A client booking could be for an individual or for multiple people
- The business requires additional questions to be asked during booking
- A card payment is required
- The client uses a voucher code instead of a card payment
The booking process normally commences from a businesses website where they are directed to the public booking page or to a specific service to book.
- Client selects the service they want to book
- Client select a resource (this step is dependent on multiple resources performing the service that was selected above, if there is only one resource this step is not required)
- Client views the session times that are available (navigates to different dates) and select a time
- Client views the booking details and adds any notes (if a business has a custom form added for this service the client needs to fill in the form)
- The booking is now complete at this point if no payment is required
- If payment is required the client enters their card details and or a voucher code to complete the booking
At the completion of the booking the client is sent a booking confirmation (if card payment or voucher was used the payment/voucher details are included in the booking confirmation). The booking confirmation can be an email and or a SMS.